Friday, January 7, 2011

The Legend of the Wild

This morning was different. The Clover lip inside me was resurrected when I saw this unique business sign of a shoe repair shop at the corner of Angel Linao and San Andres Streets.






I realized that there are still a lot of legends that we do not know of. For instance, do you know that there is a storybook entitled "Alamat ng Lamok?" And one of these legends is this: ALAMAT NI WILD KIKO!

Remember, he's not just an ordinary Kiko... He's a WILD KIKO!

I needed to know what that legend is all about but I was hesitant to ask the shoe repair boy. I had to keep in mind that people are very unpredictable in the place where I live---even if the streets' names are saintly (e.g.: Angel Linao---I'm not so sure about Linao, but I'm sure about the Angel Part---San Andres, Sta. Ana, San Marcelino). If he gets the feeling that I think his business name is "amusing," I might end up being in the watchlist of gangs in our side of town.

But I promise that I will ask soon. I guess I have to look for shoes that need repair so I can strike a conversation with this shoeshine boy who might be the key to the unraveling of the mysteries:

Who is Kiko? What happened to him? What is THE LEGEND OF WILD KIKO?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Custom Search